วันพุธที่ 22 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2556

SF 609 Portable Evaporative Cooler Ionizer

I use this SF 609 Portable Evaporative Cooler Ionizer in my home in Phoenix Arizona in an enclosed room with very little air circulation. It has kept me from becoming sweating over the course of the hot spring nights thus far, and that makes it worth the purchase. It's better than a fan, because a fan wouldn't reduce the temperature in my personal area like this device seems to. It basically cancels out the heat emanating from my computer and other devices. So as a result I don't overheat and am at a neutral sort of "room temperature" typically. It's not chilly, however. In my circumstances, at least, it doesn't provide that coldness you would expect from an AC unit set on 70. So if you have to have that, then I would advise a normal AC unit over this product. But this does prevent me from becoming a sweaty mess by the time I want to sleep. And for that reason I'm happy with it.

If you do use Portable Air Conditioners for say over 5 hours, it will slowly start to build up humidity in a room with little or no ventilation. But even that effect I find to be mild. I've had it go for 7 hours and all I noticed was a very slight dampness on the floor. My computer was fine, and everything electronic was unaffected. It did start to get balmy slowly after that point so I went ahead and opened my window for a bit. But it was only an inconvenience for the many hours of non-sweating it had provided.

My method for draining has simply been to place the unit on the side of my bathtub with one roller hooking onto that ledge, and to lean the other end slightly into the tub, and remove the cap: letting gravity do the rest. This does take a little strength to do, but It's quick and easy. My only complaint about the device is that It's cord is a bit short, about 8 feet long, and only barely reaches to my desk from the necessary socket across my room. Just something notable, but not anything you couldn't work around with an extension cable or something. Make sure to put a lot of ice into it, the instructions don't do justice to how much "2 liters or so" really is in reality! It's a good small buckets worth. That will last all night.

All in all an economic solution to being a sweaty mess in the desert nights.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: