วันพุธที่ 22 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Honeywell Compact Purifier Permanent HHT 011

When I first purchased the Honeywell Compact Purifier Permanent HHT 011 I was ecstatic at the thought that allergens, dust and other air contaminants would be filtered, especially for the price. My room is extremely dusty so I needed some sort of solution and I hoped that this was it.

For the first six months the purifier worked efficiently, or seemingly so. I ran the it, as recommended, 24 hours a day nonstop. When I'm not home I ran it on the high setting (there are three settings), medium when I was around and low when I slept. I cleaned both the outer filter and inner HEPA Air Purifiers regularly as a lot of contaminants were being filtered. I noticed a somewhat significant difference in the air quality of my room (11.5 x 8 ft) during this span.

After sixth months the purifier was rendered useless and actually made the air quality worse. The contaminant intake became less and less, the dust in my room begun accumulating faster (I still dust frequently) and the purifier's fan was blowing out unclean air - air that reeked heavily of dust.

I highly doubt that the HEPA filter is efficient forever and needs no replacement. It is charcoal grey and transmits little light when held to a light source (not sure if this is significant as compared to a car air filter test). I do as the manual suggests and vacuum it (more frequently than recommended) and I vacuum/wash the outer filter regularly. Another review mentioned that the purifier became filled with dust and grime over time; the same thing happened to mine, as evidenced when looking down the air vent. I tried to clean it out by blasting 180+ PSI of air with my air compressor, but it did nothing to help. The dust was very thick, almost lint like, and would not budge at all.

To make matters worse the purifier is fastened together by hexagonal security screws (I'm sure the average household does not have the required screwdriver). I recently bought the screwdriver and opened the purifier to clean it out, and found that the inside was a horrendous mess. Every surface and mechanism was layered with dust. The insides of the tubular fans were coated with dust as well. The task of carefully removing components to access all compartments for dusting was tedious and took some time. I've cleaned almost all of the contaminants from inside the purifier, but I am still very skeptical about using it again in fear that I will have the same problem again, perhaps in less time than before.

To sum it all up, this product was good for about six months until the inside of the purifier became festered with dust, and it was extremely tedious to remove it all. I'm not sure when this accumulation of dust began, or for how long the HEPA filter has been ineffective. The purifier does not filter all contaminants, instead sucking some into the interior and spitting it back into the air in my room.

With all of that being said, there are numerous positive reviews on this product; perhaps I am an unfortunate rare case. For the price I'd say it is definitely worth a try, but be cautiously optimistic if you decide to make the purchase.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: