วันอังคารที่ 27 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Seiko SKA389 Kinetic Black Watch

I ordered 2 of these watches. One for myself and another for my brother in-law. Both arrived on-schedule and in perfect condition. I already own another Invicta watch and have been looking at this one for quite some time. My anticipation was well rewarded. This is a very heavy and substantial watch. Pictures really do not do it justice. It is absolutely gorgeous and timeless in design. As usual, it is packaged in a yellow Invicta flip-top box with leather upholstery and the watch itself is neatly covered in plastic shrink-wrap as to insure it's scratch free delivery.

A few unknowing buyers are unaware of the screw down crown. The crown must be unscrewed before the time and date can be set. Not knowing this will result in frustration and possible damage. The design itself cannot be flawed, as it insures a water tight seal and I do appreciate it. I like a watch that will go wherever I go, and this watch is surely up to the task. Many will scoff at the cyclops magnifier over the date, saying that its not like the Rolex. Guess what, it's not a Rolex. It's just fine. If you hold the watch at an angle you will realize that the date is very tiny and without the magnifier it would be very hard indeed to read the date.

Be very aware that this is a 39mm watch. It is for the smaller wristed man.The watch is exactly as described, but the subtle size difference can be easily overlooked. I wear the 43mm watch in the pro diver and it is for the larger wrist. I bought this for a friend who had commented on how much he liked mine and I missed the size difference. Fortunately, he is 5'5" and has a smaller wrist so it all worked out. A standard submariner is 40mm so this one is a bit smaller. Still for the price it is a great little watch. 

I'd read some reviews saying this Seiko Men Watches would not keep time well. Not this one. It kept time perfectly (I checked it repeatedly with my cell phone). I wore this watch out last weekend and it looked amazing. Durability? Hmmm ...not sure yet. I'm not ready to dunk it in water. I really just enjoy wearing it dry, while it's still shiny and it works. The crown does not screw down on this Quartz model, so I am not sure if rough treatment (diving off boats, or wiping out while water skiing) in would be a good idea. In a few months after the newness has worn off, I'll go ahead and risk swimming or showering with it. If I'm wrong, It'll cost me less money than dinner and few beers with the boys.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: