วันจันทร์ที่ 26 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Citizen Womens EW3030 50A Eco Drive Stainless

I've had this watch for about 5 years now and I'm still completely satisfied. I wear it every single day, including when I'm working, camping, hiking, moving (as a college student who rents, I do this a lot), going out, or anything else. The band has gathered some scuffs, but you can only see them if you're really examining the watch. From even just half an arms-length away, it still looks perfect.
The face has also gathered a few scratches, but they're small and difficult to see. They're impossible to see unless you're actually looking for them and you hold the face at just the right angle. For just glancing at the watch, I don't even notice that they're there.

I was somewhat worried about the solar charging of the watch, considering that it's long-sleeve weather for over 6 months of the year where I live, and my skin is very sensitive to sunlight so I often wear long sleeves even when it's sunny. This has not appeared to cause any problem though. I don't think you would have to worry about keeping a charge unless you store the watch in the dark for long periods of time. Even minimal exposure to light and sun seems to be sufficient.

The Citizen Womens EW3030 50A Eco Drive Stainless has also remained very accurate. I once ignored daylight savings time and didn't adjust the watch for over a year and it was only off by a matter of a few seconds and that may have just been me being sloppy when I adjusted it the first time.

I usually remove the watch when I go swimming or when I shower, but I do occasionally forget and leave it on. I've also spent a lot of time in the rain, spent my first summer with it working in river rafting, and I teach snowboarding in the winter where I frequently check the time and expose it to snow and/or wet gloves. Considering that it still works and maintains time accuracy, this exposure to water has not seemed to have effected it's performance. I imagine I could probably keep it on for showers and swimming too if I wanted.

I didn't think I'd care about the glow-in-the-dark hands, but this feature has actually been extremely useful. I've been able to check the time when I wake up late at night/early in the morning in complete darkness. They certainly don't glow very brightly after being in the dark for 5+ hours, but they do glow and if you have good eyes, its just enough to be able to read the time.

The only maintenance I've had to do was to get a few links of the band removed when I first got it (it was far too large originally, but a jeweler removed the links for free.) and occasionally a bit of grime builds up between the links. To remove this grime, I just scraped it out with a toothpick and it then looked as good as new. I've probably done this once ever 5 months or so and even then, it's mostly because I'm bored and happen to be examining my watch, more than I'm starting to notice the grime build-up.

Over all, I still absolutely love this watch. It still feels great on my wrist (no pinching, rubbing, or hair-pulling) and seems like it's well-constructed and high quality. And while it's not exactly dressy, I think it's subtle enough and elegant enough that you shouldn't have to feel obligated to remove it when you dress up for formal occasions.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: