วันจันทร์ที่ 26 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Armitron 75 5053MPSVPK Swarovski Silver Tone

I finally bought myself a "real" watch, rather than a throwaway. This is the one I decided on, and I am pleased with my choice, at least for now.

I really like the look of this Armitron Women Watches--clean lines, no frills, pretty much unisex (or maybe 51% feminine). The brushed, sort of semi-matte finish on the face is very aesthetically appealing. The hands glow brightly in the dark for a while, then fade to dimmer but still visible. The day/date display is handy; I've quickly become reliant on it. The watch case is no thinner than that of a typical battery-powered watch, and it is thicker than some (like those razor-thin Skagens). But it's not bulky in look or feel.

Since I received the watch in mid-July, I've worn it essentially nonstop. It has kept perfect time and the face shows not a single scratch or sign of wear. I've developed some minor scuff marks on the watch band (visible if you look closely from a certain angle), but they're not noticeable. The clasp is secure and easy to fasten. The band is super-smooth; it has never snagged or caught on anything. The band is adjustable, but I can't attest to the ease or effectiveness of that, because I liked the way it fit me out of the box. I love that I'll never need to buy a battery for this watch and hope it continues to maintain time as it has so far.

My only concern is that as far as I can tell, there's no way to buy a replacement band. So if it gets too visibly scuffed or breaks, am I out of luck? The design in the band continues onto the case--that half-circle above and below the face is part of the case, not the band. So I'm not really sure how it would work if the band weren't an identical replacement, and an identical replacement does not seem to exist apart from the watch.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: