วันพุธที่ 4 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2556

Timex T2H281 Reader Black Leather

I originally bought this Timex T2H281 Reader Black Leather and the nearly identical Timex Men's T2N649KW Weekender Gray and Orange Watch (impulse buy while at TARGET) to take on a vacation to Europe about 2 months ago, and it is one of my favorite watches. (See my other review on the grey watch elsewhere.) I love how light (weight) the watch is, and due to the price point, I don't worry about it getting lost or damaged. Yet it still looks great whether you dress down or dress up. The Indiglo feature is great, especially when traveling across time zones (and me wanting to check my watch at night frequently).

I love the detailing of the strap bands as well, with the two metal bands that keep the excess strap in place. (These are typically the flimsy bands that wear down on my other watchbands - not a chance here!) The fact that the bands are easily interchangeable and replaced inexpensively is a bonus. You can easily change up the look of your watch.

For the price of a typical "decent" water-resistant casual men's watch, now I have three Timex Weekenders: one with the grey face (T2N649KW), this one with the black face (T2N650KW) and one in white (T2N651KW). THREE of these future classics shipped to you for under a hundred bucks. What are you waiting for?

I have mixed feelings about Timex products--some have lasted for years with no problems at all, others have only made it days before breaking. So, you get what you pay for, and with Timex it's become kind of a crap shoot.

As for this watch, I got mine Wednesday, but by Saturday, the Indiglo no longer worked. (As usual, Amazon customer service was awesome and they're sending me a replacement.) It looks slick, although the band is kinda cheap and a little small, as other reviewers have complained about. I can't recommend a $10 NATO/ZULU strap highly enough--I swapped mine out as soon as I got the watch.

As for my 2 star review, I'll update it if the replacement watch keeps working long enough to judge the rest of its construction.

Update:
Watch #2 still works a couple of months later, so I moved the rating from two to three stars. The factory band DOES suck, just a cheap (and very short) version of a NATO strap, so I replaced it with a good NATO strap that I had already ordered from Amazon for another watch. I'll know for sure if the watch itself "takes a lickin', and keeps on tickin'", after I wear it in the Florida surf in a few weeks ;) 

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: