วันพุธที่ 4 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2556

Skagen 817LBXC Ceramic Black Watch

The Skagen 817LBXC Ceramic Black Watch is extremely thin and sleek. I have gotten quite a few compliments on this watch, and I think it goes well with about anything. The clasp is very effective as it has a hook, a clasp, and a safety clasp to keep it attached. The clasp is also very simple to use once you figure it out (which took me about three minutes). The numbers are large and easy to read (which wasn't really a concern for me but it is still nice). Overall I am extremely pleased with this very light and inexpensive yet good looking watch.

Update: While this is an excellent watch, it is not very durable. I only wear it for the daily activities of a college student and am pretty careful not to bang it on things. However, about 6 months after I bought it I started noticing some minor scratches, and within a year it had a major crack in the face crystal. Also after about a year I had problems with the band, which eventually broke apart. I still love this watch and I would like to buy another one, but the lack of durability makes it a bad value for me.

This is the 2nd Skagen watch that I've owned. The first one suffered from the same clasp problems that others have described and it often popped open on me. I thought I just had some bad luck with that one. As it was getting old and beat up, I bought this one. Almost the same watch except this one was black instead of silver like my old one was.

I've only had this watch for a couple of weeks, but I cannot wear it any longer. I like the slim lightweight watches that they produce, but the clasps are just horrible. The clasp on this one is stainless steel while the band in titanium. It is painted black in order to match the band.

Within just a few days of starting to wear this watch, I developed a very itchy rash on my wrist right where the clasp touches it. I didn't make the connection to the watch for about 2 days and my rash was just getting worse. I thought there might be some kind of left over chemical from cleaning / painting on the watch that was causing my reaction. I've worn a watch all of my adult life and I have never had a problem like this before.

I decided to clean the clasp with some cotton swabs and alcohol. When I sat down to clean the watch, I realized that the paint is coming off of the clasp already. This was before I even started cleaning so it was not caused by the alcohol. I work in an office so I'm not very hard on watches. There should be no reason that the watch is losing it's paint into my skin with less than a week of wear on it.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: