วันพุธที่ 23 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2551

Mac Vs. Windows - A Personal Choice

Like many of you I started using windows a long long time ago, my parents bought me an IBM Aptiva which was top of the line back then. It ran the "new" Windows 3.1.1 and it had a 440mb hard drive and 64mb RAM.

I remember thinking to myself "Wow, what a machine this is", and I wasn't just saying that because of the powerhouse that I thought I had in front of my eyes, but also the sheer size of this thing was something to almost be afraid of.....I have grown up with Windows operating systems my whole life switching from 3.1.1 to Windows 95,98,Me,Xp and finally Vista. I have to say that I like the look of Vista but it just does not quite fit my style of how I think a system should be built as far as how programs should work together instead of independently, the endless worry of viruses, spyware, malware, spam etc.

But a funny thing happened while I was watching TV about a year ago, I noticed these cool little commercials popping up between shows I was watching and I found myself wanting to see more of them. They talked about the differences that a PC user would experience as oppose to a Mac one. Yes, I am talking about the now famous PC Vs. Mac advertisements.

Every time I saw a new ad show up on TV I would stop whatever I was doing and like a little kid watch intently like if I was a 6 year old watching Saturday morning cartoons. This in turn got we wondering what these Apple computers where all about, so I started researching them on the internet, watching YouTube videos about the Tiger OS while at the same time slowly thinking to myself 'Why had nobody told me about these cool machines before'.

After a few weeks of learning about them I took the plunge as they say and bought one, a Macbook with 1.83 ghz Intel Core Duo, 512MB RAM and 60GB HDD. I was afraid that I would not pick up the Tiger operating system as fast as I did with Windows but actually it was a lot easier for me and I was up and editing photos with iPhoto, playing around with PhotoBooth, absolutely loving Expose and wondering how I ever worked without it.

Move forward to 2008, now I am running Leopard which is a great upgrade to Tiger in so many ways but I want to say that I still have my other computer which is a PC. I still find myself using for some things more importantly because that one I built from the ground up and it includes my dual monitor setup which I love.

I think the MacPro's starting at $2799 are out of my budget by a long shot so I am just going to wait until maybe a cheaper version of a Mac Pro comes out or maybe an upgraded version of an iMac is available which has support for dual monitors.

Until then I will continue to use both systems, they both have its pluses and minuses but in my opinion the Apple operating systems just seem more stable and secure.

For more Mac related articles, visit http://maxthemac.com

Feel free to distribute this article in any form as long as you include this resource box.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alex_Palma

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: